Tuesday, April 16, 2013

So, Is She Going to Hell?


Whenever I spend extended time with my youngest I have flashbacks of my drinking days from my twenties.  In particular, it brings back memories of when I was the designated driver.  We have all experienced that seemingly surreal feeling of being the one sober person on a raft in the sea of inebriation.  That is how I feel multiple times a day as I navigate the world with my almost four year old.

Here is some evidence of Angela's drunkenness:

1.  Uncontrollable giggles for no reason.
2.  Unclear speech (subject matter and elocution)
3.  Instances of "beer muscles" (taking on a much older playground bully for hogging the slide)
4.  Having a good friend drag you away from impending altercation before fists started flying (thanks T)
5.  Random nakedness

The above example occurred today in the basement of the local Presbyterian church.  Yes, you did read that correctly.  Today, while waiting for her older sister to leave her Daisy meeting, Angela decided it would be a good idea to moon the other moms awaiting their daughters.  This happened all the while she giggled uncontrollably.  Talk about a mortifying sober friend moment.  Regardless, like any good sober friend, I pulled my daughter's pants up and apologized to the other moms for blinding them (Angela has inherited mom's overly pale skin).


I wonder if AA will accept a member who has never had a drink into its ranks...

No comments:

Post a Comment